Please look at the Icelandic Government’s web site on COVID 19 before planning your journey to Iceland.
Iceland tackled the whole COVID-19 pandemic very early on, quarantined the infected and tracked all the contacts and had them isolated. Yes we sadly had 9 deaths (at time of posting) and life changed here and maybe things will be different. However our history, scenery, the volcanic landscape and environmentally friendly power system remains for you to see and experience.
Here at Privileged Tours , and our small Guest House business, we are also ready to help you enjoy your stay in Iceland with that extra level of safety and security you should be expecting from any service provider.
One simple consideration for you, the virus spreads in groups and poor personal habits, so why travel in a group and stay at a large business, small is beautiful and quite possibly a lot safer!
So let us outline our strategy to make your stay as safe as is possible:
- Both Frances and Ian have never had COVID-19.
- We have been tested
- We will not commence a tour until you have received the all clear message after testing at the airport. This ensures both our safety and every guest and traveller.
- We will only take one family or friend group, typically 4 persons but a maximum of 6. Also available for just 1 or 2 persons.
- So no crowded bus.
- We will not ask you to share with others. If you agree this with other guests that is acceptable, but we will never combine groups unless agreed by guests.
- The vehicle, like our rooms, is cleaned between tours and hand surfaces are sanitised. Again fresh pure Icelandic air is allowed to flow through the car.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the car.
- Chemist supplied masks are available
- The tours are arranged to suit YOUR needs not ours.
Our Guest House (www.ghi.is)
- Our Guest House can only accommodate 4 persons – so no large crowds.
- Our two en-suite rooms, each has their own private shower room and WC, so you do not need to share facilities.
- Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned of course, but also sanitised on all hand surfaces, new toilet rolls for every new resident. (Yes we have plenty.)
- We allow pure Icelandic air to wash out the rooms during the cleaning process..
- Sanitise is provided in the rooms and at our front entrance area.
- We are not self-catering so all food hygiene and equipment is professionally handled and cleaned.
- You can have breakfast with the other two guests or we will provide two sittings, times to be arranged with guests.
- If guests choose an evening meal, (we need to be advised) we will only provide dinner at one time, 19:30. So either dine with the other guests or dine out.
- At the present moment we are not encouraging any home delivery, take away food to be brought to the guest house.
Thank you and please stay safe, we want to be able to meet you in the future.
Ian and Frances Sykes